My husband hates to drink water. He knows he needs to drink it, but he has a hard time with anything that has no flavor. (He doesn’t like rice either, but that’s a topic for another post.)
The general consensus is that we should drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water per day, or a half gallon. It might seem like a lot to try to swallow every day, but there are so many health benefits to making sure you drink enough water. Water flushes toxins from your body, improves your complexion, increases energy, promotes weight loss, and more!
So if you have trouble drinking enough water because it tastes like nothing, here are some husband-approved ideas:
- Drop in a cinnamon stick
- Add fresh fruit to your glass (you can buy an infuser for this purpose, but it’s not necessary)
- Cucumber slices and a splash of lemon juice
- Frozen orange slices
- Essential oils (there is some controversy over ingesting essential oils, so use this one with caution and always be sure your oils are labelled as safe for internal use)
- Drop in a peppermint stick or peppermint candy and swirl your glass every so often
- Include a splash of lemon or lime juice, or both
- Mash up some berries, place in the bottom of your glass, and add your water
- Add unsweetened cranberry juice (Alternatively, you can make ice cubes with fruit juice)
- Steep fresh mint or basil leaves in water overnight
My husband says these all taste better cold, but you can drink it however you like. So stay hydrated and enjoy the taste!
How do you make sure you’re drinking enough water? Let me know in the comments!